Thursday, October 30, 2025

Finally!

Sorry I haven't blogged much, but I have been following your blogs. I finally seem to be on the downhill side of this diverticulitis thing. My husband also had a health hiccup but is back to normal now. Getting old is not for wimps. 

Got out and walked this morning on this gorgeous, crisp autumn day. The weather seems to be taking it's time, but it appears that it will finally be fall for good. Or until it's not. 😁 Anyway, we had some much needed rain and the wind blew a hoolie for the last two days, but today the sky is that deep beautiful autumn blue. The leaves are finally starting to turn and quite a few fell during the blustery days.

Not a lot else going on-just concentrating on getting back to normal and taking better care of ourselves. Time to start thinking about the upcoming holidays. We will have at least our local family for Thanksgiving, but will have all of our kids and grands here for Christmas! I'm so excited!

Take good care of yourselves and if you will, pray for the people of Jamaica and all in the path of Hurricane Melissa. The pictures of the devastation are so sad. 

7 comments:

  1. Good to hear from you again. I have diverticulitis too and those flares are not for the faint of heart. Glad you're doing better.
    Yes, the devastation after the hurricane is awful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankful you are feeling some better!! Diverticulitis can be a nasty thing to get over. Continued prayers for you and adding your husband as well. Prayers for Jamaica

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you continue to feel better. That old Diverticulitis is no fun, I am sure. I don't have it, but know a lot of folks who do. So wonderful your family will be with you for Christmas! That's quite a wonderful blessing!! So I hope you continue to feel better to be able to get ready and enjoy them. Yes, we are praying for the folks in Jamaica. So very sad. Take care and God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jan, I'm glad to hear you and your Mister are on the mend. Autumn has taken it's sweet time to arrive in Northeastern Oklahoma, as well. I do think it has finally gotten here. Of course, you never know here in Oklahoma. One day summer and the next day full blown winter...snow, ice and the whole gang. Let's hope not!

    Grace & Peace,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, praying for all in Melissa's path. I am so happy to read that you and hubby are feeling better!! Paise God. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are starting to feel better! Old age isn't for sissies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to hear you are feeling better! Health challenges abound when you get older. It is not easy...but it could be worse. Yes that Hurricane was awful.

    ReplyDelete

October!