Tuesday, August 19, 2025

Last of the 60's

 69 years ago today, I was born at 1:27 am. My mom got to the hospital at 1 am. Cutting it a little close! 

Today, my sweet husband took me out to a favorite steak house for lunch. Salt Grass Steakhouse. It was delicious and we took a slice of chocolate cake home to share. It was huge and half a slice each was more than enough! 

It's been hot, as in triple digits in real temperatures as well as heat index. Should be the last day of that at least for a while. A "cold front" has come through and it will be "only" 96 tomorrow! (That really is a pretty nice high temperature for Texas in August.) We may even have a little "False Fall" next week with highs in the 80's!

   My mom and I either late August or early September 1956.


6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Jan! I love seeing the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, Jan! I know you cherish that photo! Beatutiful!

    Grace & Peace,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture of you and your mom. You look like her now. I can see the resemblance. Happy birthday!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Jan...The picture of you and your mom is perfect for this post....Hope your day was full of everything that makes you happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a sweet picture of you and your Mom.
    Happy Birthday 💖. In just 2 days it will be my 80th!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! I have heard we are going through a false fall. The photo of you and your Mom is beautiful. And reading your profile, I love Celtic music as well. And Riverdance too!

    ReplyDelete

Life is Quiet

 Not a lot going on right now, getting out in the mornings while it's relatively cool-as in mid to upper 80's instead of 100's)-...