We had enough sleet Monday to make it look like it had snowed. Yesterday it wasn't too bad, but the roads were terrible and many were closed. Our predicted ice storm has just started, so we are home for the long haul. As long as we don't lose power, I'm happy to "hunker down" and stay in. My husband finished the kitchen cabinets and downstairs bathroom cabinets and is now refinishing the laundry room cabinets! He's got it down to a fine art and is doing a beautiful job. I've got a pot of pinto beans on the stove and we'll have that for supper with smoked sausage and cornbread. Life is good!


Stay home and stay warm! Your supper sounds good. Hope you share pics of those cabinets when they are done.
ReplyDeleteAn ice storm came close to us, it stayed on the other side of Houston and I'm soooo glad. A pot of pinto beans sure sounds good on these cold days we're having!
ReplyDeleteSounds warm and cozy and delicious at your house! Great ideas for a wintry day/week. Be careful when you do have to go out. Take some pictures to share with us who never get to see such sights! God bless you all.
ReplyDeleteHoping you maintained power through it all. Meanwhile here it is just cold and rainy!
ReplyDeleteI have family in Texas and have hoped they'll stay safe and warm. The television news has been so scary for those on the roads there. I hope you've kept power and been able to continue with home projects. Your pinto beans sound just right!
ReplyDeleteLife is good here, too! It helps that we have kept power and got our groceries before the roads iced. I'm thinking by Sunday we may venture out to church!
ReplyDeleteWe need pics of these cabinets of which you speak!!
Too cold here to sleet but maybe next week. I don't like icy roads, we like to hunker down also in bad weather! :)
ReplyDelete