Sunday, April 25, 2021

Nuthin' Much

Really not a lot going on, which is a good thing. When we'd visit my Dad years ago, he'd say "Tell something exciting that's going on." and I'd always answer, "Daddy, I avoid exciting as much as possible."

It's turning out to be a gorgeous spring. Our son and two youngest grandsons came for the weekend and went home today. Our daughter and our oldest grandson and middle granddaughter came for to visit yesterday so the boys could spend the day playing. My daughter and I got down in the floor and realized that push-ups have now joined the ever growing list of stuff I can't do anymore. (Not that I ever did very many.) That's ok-we got plenty of exercise just trying to get back up off the floor! 

We all went to church today and that's really about it. Oh yeah, I went to gather asparagus out in the asparagus bed this afternoon, and stood in a fire ant pile-that was fun. I didn't have any Benadryl cream to put on my burning, itching red foot, so I ground up a Benadryl tablet, added a little alcohol and dabbed it on my foot. Amazingly, it seems to be working!! The redness, pain and itching are just about gone. I'll have to remember that! (Because the fire ants multiply faster than we can kill them out here!)

Hope your weekend was good and that you have a great week! 😊



4 comments:

  1. Great tip on the Benedryll and fire ants. I hate those things!! Sounds like a fun weekend with family! That's awesome! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweet Jan. Thank you for making me smile. I did have a hard time getting up and down and it seems to have happened quickly. Now I am going to practice squats to build up those muscles. Glad all are enjoying time with you. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one thing I do NOT miss about living where I used to live: The fire ants. They are so horrible, so aggressive. That was smart thinking to grind up the Benadryl tablet!

    ReplyDelete

October!