Texas is the only state to be it's own country before it became a U.S. state. (Don't get me wrong, I'm NOT a secessionist and I'm very happy to be part of the United States!) However, family was part of the fight for Texas Independence and I'm a 7th generation Texan, so I'm unapologetically proud of my state and love living here!
Monday, March 2, 2020
184 years ago today...
Texas is the only state to be it's own country before it became a U.S. state. (Don't get me wrong, I'm NOT a secessionist and I'm very happy to be part of the United States!) However, family was part of the fight for Texas Independence and I'm a 7th generation Texan, so I'm unapologetically proud of my state and love living here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
69 years ago today, I was born at 1:27 am. My mom got to the hospital at 1 am. Cutting it a little close! Today, my sweet husband took me ...

I'm a 6th generation Texan! Happy Independence Day.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!
ReplyDeleteAnd I didn't know that Texas was a country, before it was a State.
Have a great Texas day!
ReplyDeleteHappy Texas Day!! You should be proud!!
ReplyDelete