Wow- I didn't realize how much time had gone by since my last post! Life's been busy the last few weeks. We drove down to the Gulf Coast for my cousin's wedding two weeks ago, picked up our three oldest grands on the way back home and have been keeping them ever since, first at our home and then theirs. Our son-in-law's father has been seriously ill with a chronic lung condition, so he and our daughter had to make a flying trip across the country to be with him. He has improved enough that they were able to leave Tuesday and should be in this evening. Aside from chasing the 2 year old, I have been doing some deep cleaning at my daughter's house so that they can come home and relax. Our two grand-girls, 9 and 6 have been a tremendous help and I'm so proud of them! Well, it has been a joy to be with them but as they say, There's a reason God gives children to young people and not old folks. I'm definitely feeling my age today!
I totally agree!!!! You are a blessing to your family and I know YOU feel good about being able to help! Still, it's always nice when the parents get home!
ReplyDeleteHi Jan, Hope everyone gets home fine. I went thru some post I have missed. Loved your dad's pictures, the grands.too. So sweet of you to clean your daughter's house...sounds like me. I clean ta my kids houses. I will always do dishes if I see them in the sink. Blessings, xoxo,Susie
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a nice beach trip! You are right about having children when we are young. When the granddaughter is around find I don't move nearly as fast as I used to.
ReplyDeleteVery nice of you to clean the house for them. I will clean the kitchen, but stop there mainly because I am the guy mom not the gal. That makes a huge difference
You are a lovely mum and grandmother, I hope your kids appreciate it (I am sure they do). Have fun and relax where you can xxxx
ReplyDeleteI'm glad that you are enjoying time with your grandchildren. Jx
ReplyDeleteI couldn't agree more:) I definitely don't have the energy I had when my children were young. Glad to hear that your son-in-law's father is doing better.
ReplyDeleteIt's so nice you could be there for them. After they come back you'll have to have a few days to recuperate.
ReplyDelete