Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Yuck!

Found these munching on my dill this afternoon. They draw back and look like they're ready for a fight if you bother them. They are really stripping my plants.


They make beautiful swallowtail butterflies-no wonder we've seen so many flitting about. They've been depositing their offspring in my garden!


9 comments:

  1. They just look MEAN, don't they? xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they are rather beautiful in a yucky way! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I guess you can't kill them since they turn into a beautiful creature? Still......I'm sorry about your dill.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think they are oddly beautiful. It is possible to re-home them on a plant you aren't growning for food?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Annoying as they are, they are still beautiful. To kill them when so many butterflies are dying off would be terribly sad. Please can you shift them to somewhere else to feed?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eeek, they're very colourful though, and very beautiful once they've transformed in to butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhhhhhhhh!!!! Are kind of yuck looking, aren't they???

    But oh what beautiful butterflies they make!!!!! -happy sigh-

    Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are very striking caterpillars and beautiful in their way. Certainly they transform into very beautiful butterflies

    ReplyDelete