After the cold snap, milder days have returned and the trees have finally turned their fall colors. Our drive home from church today (45 minutes-we get a nice Sunday drive every Sunday!) was gorgeous-the leaves seem to have turned gold, orange and red all at once. Yesterday was dark and rainy, but today the sky is clear and deep blue. The wind is blowing pretty hard, so I'm afraid the leaf show will be over quickly.
We spent last week helping our daughter get her house ready for company. Her in-laws are coming for a visit this week. They are lovely people and we enjoy getting to visit with them. They will all be coming to our house for Thanksgiving dinner as well as our son's family. I'm getting excited! There will be 12 of us for dinner. Tomorrow I'll start my own preparations, but today, I'm going to relax and enjoy the beautiful day! Hope you all have a great week!

Have a very happy thanksgiving with your friends and family!
ReplyDeleteI am taking it easy today also. I will have 16 for Thanksgiving. Have a blessed day.
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely image Jan, is it a greetings card?
ReplyDeleteAs you know, we don't celebrate Thanksgiving in England, more the pity, as we have much to celebrate and be grateful for. I hope you have a lovely time in Thursday.
You are so lucky to celebrate Thanksgiving. We don't have that holiday here, instead we have the increasing rush of Christmas at our doors. Have a wonderful day xx
ReplyDelete