Thursday, August 7, 2014

I'm still here!

Sorry I haven't posted recently-seems like I've been really busy, but I'm not sure what I've gotten accomplished! Summer has flown by-I just noticed tonight that the sun is setting quite a bit earlier these days. The grand-girls will be starting school on the 26th-our littlest granddaughter will be starting kindergarten. Doesn't seem possible. Their little brother will turn 2 the next day. Where does the time go?

My daughter and I took the girls shopping yesterday for patterns and fabric for dresses. They asked me to make them (which really tickled me!) and I was pleased that they chose some pretty, modest, age-appropriate styles. Looking at what is offered in ready to wear for little girls makes me wonder what people are thinking sometimes. I don't think we should be teaching young girls that they need to wear short, tight, skimpy clothing and high heels to be acceptable. They are both slim, athletic girls and it makes me sad to hear them worry about whether they might look fat or not. Our kids just aren't allowed to be kids anymore. Off my soapbox now.

The weather continues to be hot and dry. We had a little break last week, but it is definitely feeling like August now! I'll be more than ready for fall when it gets here!

4 comments:

  1. The light has shifted. Have you noticed? I am so excited - I can NEARLY feel fall in the air! Not long now......

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet of them to ask you to sew the new dresses for back-to-school. I'm with you on the whole inappropriate clothing issue. Kids do not need to worry about being "acceptable" in the way they dress. I'm not sure I'm with you on being ready for fall though. Not that I don't like fall but what comes after is the problem!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a bad blogger and bad blog reader. I spend most of my on-line time on Instagram but tonight I decided to visit some old friends. Our Summer has disappeared, I am quite convinced August is the new Autumn. Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

October!