Thursday, January 16, 2014

Why is it...

...when you finally get the chance to do something you've been dying to do, things blow up?
We have a "junk room" that I've been itching to dig into and make into a sewing room (as well as storage). I finally got started this week. I've been bending and stretching, moving boxes, bagging up trash etc. all with no problems and reached a place yesterday where I needed to stop and do some sorting. This morning I settled in a chair with an audio book on my computer and boxes of stuff  to sort and guess what happened-yep, I reached over to my computer to adjust the volume and WHAM! my back went out. So now I'm reclining on the heating pad with some Ibuprofen. It figures. Hopefully back at it soon.


7 comments:

  1. Oh No, I do hope your back is better soon, Jan. Hate it when I'm all ready and excited about doing something and get knocked down.

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing how that can happen!!! Rest and I hope you get to jump back into it! Why is not RECOVERY as sudden as the throwing out of the back is??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rest and get well soon Jan.
    Hugs,
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear, how we both know that problem. Just take it easy but keep moving if you can as it really does get better quicker:(

    ReplyDelete
  5. poor you, I wish we were neighbours, I could come over and help!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear your back went out. Take it easy, read, drink tea and pamper yourself for a few days!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can certainly feel your pain...the sciatic nerve, on my left side, is really bad right now. Hope you recover soon!

    ReplyDelete