Tuesday, August 20, 2013

I'm Freezing!

Not really-it's 90 F outside-but I'm thrilled to finally have a freezer again! We sold our 38-year old freezer when we moved here and hadn't gotten around to getting another one.  It was made a more immediate need by the untimely demise of our refrigerator. We were able to find a good used freezer for about a quarter of the price of a new one. It's ten years old but has been "gently used" and works like a champ. I'm looking forward to being able to buy things on special or in bulk since I'll have a place to put them.

When we bought this house, it had a homeowner's warranty policy on the appliances, so we have been dealing with the warranty company trying to get the refrigerator either fixed or replaced since the beginning of the month. The repairman comes back today to (hopefully) get it working again. He said it has a Freon leak. (My husband isn't sure that's the only problem, but we'll see what happens.) I personally would have preferred that they replace it, but I would imagine that's a last resort for the warranty people. I just hope they don't keep us limping along for weeks while they keep trying to figure out what the problem is.

"In other news"...I had a birthday yesterday and enjoyed having all of our kids and grandkids together this past weekend.  We ate at one of my favorite places and my daughter supplied the birthday cake. I was down with a bug for most of last week, so I was really glad to feel good enough to celebrate!

Update: a more experienced repairman came out and looked at the fridge and pronounced it not worth fixing-I'll be getting a new one next week at no cost to us!

4 comments:

  1. Hello Jan,
    Its "dito" with the weather temp.. we are 90 today..fans and aircon full on. am about to go for a swim.
    I love your new header..what a great photo of the old wagon.
    Hope you get your fridge fixed.. I bought myself a new half freezer..front door opens.. bought it last month.. its really handy.. i got rid of my large fridge freezer and bought a small fridge to go with it.. gives me more space in my pantry.

    Happy Birthday.. Glad you were better and able to enjoy your family. its so wonderful when they are all around.
    wishing you many more.
    val x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Val! They didn't get the part for the refrigerator until today-hoping they get here soon. The wagon is the chuckwagon down at my husband's cousins' ranch. They have round-ups showing how ranching was done 100+ years ago and this is the kind of wagon they would use to do the cooking.

      Delete
  2. Belated 'Happy Birthday'! Glad you were well enough to celebrate and a nice new fridge as an extra present too. Love the old chuck wagon in your header photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belated 'Happy Birthday'! Glad you were well enough to celebrate and a nice new fridge as an extra present too. Love the old chuck wagon in your header photo.

    ReplyDelete