Thursday, January 10, 2013

Good news and bad news

Thank you so much for all the wonderful comments on both my daughter's surgery and the new baby. It makes me so happy to read your well-wishes and encouraging comments. I appreciate you all so much! For the good news: Daughter is doing great-amazingly well, and back on her feet being mom and wife with just a little soreness, so we are back home now . Our son's new baby didn't get to come home until yesterday as he had some jaundice issues and had to stay under the ultraviolet lights at the hospital. They are all home now and our daughter in law's mom, who is a doctor, is staying with them and taking care of everyone-I'm so glad she is there. 

For the bad news: Guess we won't be going to see that beautiful new baby anytime soon. Thanks to our wonderful flu shots that we were so careful to get, we have avoided the flu they were made for and gotten one of the viruses that they didn't cover. I've managed to get a pot of chicken soup on and we're going to hibernate in our cave for a while....back later.

6 comments:

  1. Get well soon Jan.
    I am sure you are dying to see your new little addition.
    I watched fox news this morning..they said that this flu, is spreading rapidly.
    val

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get well soon Jan. Glad to hear that the rest of the family are home and doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad new baby and family doing well, hope you are soon fit again.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear that you are ill. Get well soon. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry you're down with that old virus, or one of many that seem to be sweeping the country. Take care of yourself! But so glad the babies are now doing well and your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, must be so upsetting not being able to go and see baby. Hope you both have a quick recovery and get to see your grandchild very soon xx

    ReplyDelete