Saturday, April 28, 2012

Nothing Much...

Nothing very exciting going on today-hubby is tearing up the floor in the bathroom he's redoing, and I've been trying to round up my sewing for the baby so that I can start dismantling my sewing room. I need to get it painted soon. It has a pretty little sleigh daybed that we will be taking to our oldest granddaughter in a few weeks. She is moving to a larger bedroom to make way for her new brother, so they are letting her pick out new bed linens for her birthday and we are providing the bed. We'll be turning my sewing room back into a bedroom when we put the house on the market in a couple of months. We have been looking at properties on the internet today-there are some interesting places, but of course you really have to see them in person so you can find out what's really wrong with them. (Or that seems to be the way things are going so far!)

I have finished the crib bumper pads-I was pleased with how they turned out:




I also took the little buttons off the diaper stacker yoke and put on an applique that I made.  The buttons were cute, but too tiny. I'll have to find some use for them in the nursery-I really like them!


Guess that's about all-enjoy your weekend!

16 comments:

  1. Those owl buttons would look cute on a little girl's dress. . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They would, wouldn't they! The big sisters may get these!

      Delete
  2. I've had a nothing much day today too!

    The cot bumper looks really fantastic.

    Arwedd xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm pleased with the way they turned out!

      Delete
  3. Hello Jan....I am a button-holic.(Is that a word?) I love collecting interesting and unusual buttons. The owls are adorable. I've also thought about down sizing. I don't relish the thought of packing up. You have your work cut-out for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love buttons-I used to love going through my mother's button box. The thought of moving all of our stuff makes my head hurt! I thought I down sized last year, but for everything I threw out, two more grew in it's place!

      Delete
  4. Heavy industry - and with a commmendable owl motif!

    When you're browsing on the interwebnet for properties beware those photographs with the power station/prison/meat packing factory carefully cropped out of shot! If 'Merican estate agents are anything like Englis ones you'll need to visit every time just to see if it's worth visiting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, it's amazing what they can "leave out" of the photos. We've started using Google Earth to look at satellite pictures of these places-seems there's always something they've "neglected" to mention! We're looking for a place in the country, and there's usually a tank battery, power lines or gravel pit next door.

      Delete
  5. Those buttons are gorgeous - I look forward to seeing what you do with them next! Know what you mean about on-line house searching. It's funny how they never mention the industrial unit next door - or some similar major drawback! All the best, JX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are cute-the shop where I bought them had several different kinds of buttons for children-little frogs and monkeys with fabric to match!

      Delete
  6. The crib bumper pads are great, you're very clever to be able to make things like that. Nothing much has been happening here either, it's that kind of weekend with all the rain we've had.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was my first time to make anything like this, so I was pleased with how they turned out!

      Delete
  7. Those bumper pads look really nice, very professional, love owls!
    We had SO much rain yesterday, would you believe we are supposed to be in a drought!!!!
    Thank you for your congratulations on our Silver Wedding.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to my blog, Carol and thank you! I enjoy reading your blog-sure wish we could get some rain here. It's teasing us today with clouds and high humidity, but no rain yet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello! Just found you on Codlins and Cream2 and look forward to catching up on posts! Love your sewing projects...

    Blessings,
    Dianne
    www.mysouthernheart.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Dianne! I'm enjoying having time to sew for my grandkids-heading to see them next week!

      Delete