We had a very quiet, but happy Easter. It was the first time in many years that we haven't had any little egg hunters. Both I and my daughter in love's mom lamented that fact, but also realize that it's good for our kids to be starting their own traditions on holidays. Since our DIL is completing her 3rd year of medical school, time with her family is scarce and precious, so I'm glad they were able to stay home and enjoy Easter together.
Our Easter service was very special and uplifting. Our minister, his oldest son and our youth minister presented a beautiful message as seen through the eyes of the apostle John. Each took a turn telling a part of the gospel as if it were John looking back and remembering all that had taken place. My husband and I had the privilege to sing on the praise team and it was quite emotional. Our building was full and so were our hearts! Our daughter and all of her family were there and we were so happy to be able to worship with them all. We live out in the country about 45 minutes from where we attend, and since we weren't having an egg hunt, my daughter and I decided we weren't cooking a big meal. We went out for lunch to Texas Roadhouse and it was delicious as always. I fixed an Easter gift bag for the 3 grands, who are 19, 16 and 12. Money and chocolate are always a big hit no matter how old you are and were much appreciated! Hubs and I then came home and vegged for the rest of the day. Dinner was leftovers from lunch!
Today, our 12 year old grandson has a golf tournament, so his dad and my hubs are there to watch and I have the morning alone. My allergies are crazy bad at the moment, so I think some cleaning and dusting are in order! Hope you all had a great Easter and have a wonderful week!
A few pictures of Easters past:




I'm glad you had such a nice day, even though it was different.
ReplyDeleteYour service sounds wonderful. We had a really special service too. The kids did a mini drama of the resurrection, with little soldiers, an angel, the people. Cute but so touching too!
I enjoyed the pics of your grands from Easters past.
Such sweet memories in the pictures. It's hard when they grow up and don't want to do the fun things like Easter egg hunts, etc. anymore. Our adult kids still have to hunt for an Easter basket at our house. It's a tradition that I hope we never lose. We don't have any little grandkids, so our "big kids" are it. Your church service sounds wonderful. I love to hear just how special Easter Sunday is for everyone!! Praise God!!! Christ is Risen!!
ReplyDeleteWonderful older photos! You had a nice day!
ReplyDeleteSuch sweet photos and memories!! Thanks for sharing them. Your Easter Sunday sounds wonderful. I hope the golf tournament went well and that your grandson was pleased with his score!! Have a blessed week ahead!
ReplyDeleteLife goes on and time changes but the love of family and faith remains . Love your Easter post!
ReplyDelete