Nope, this isn't a political post! I'm actually digging in the dirt outside. I have become somewhat of a lump over the winter and now that the days are nicer, I'm getting out and working in the cool mornings and listening to the songbirds. We have a flagstone path from our driveway to our side porch that is getting very over grown, so I've made it my project for the year. It gets me out in the sun and fresh air and it's very satisfying! I read (on the internet, of course!) that the feel of dirt helps boost serotonin and helps give a feeling of well-being. I guess we are hard-wired for it! I can take it at my own pace and stop when my back tells me to. After I get the grass and weeks under control, I'm going to dig around the edges and see just where the edges are and where it needs new stone. I'm really enjoying it!

Love all those beautiful daffodils in your picture. Working in the dirt is good for us...You will have to post a picture of your project when you finish....Happy Friday.
ReplyDeleteYour background is beautiful! I hope you can share some photos of your finished project!!
ReplyDeleteI love the daffodils! Digging in the dirt is good for you!
ReplyDeleteSounds like fun. As long as you just do a little at a time and not wear yourself out. I love being outside, especially in the cool of the mornings, and hearing the birds singing. Yes, be sure to share pictures when you are done. Before and after would've been nice too.
ReplyDeleteI love daffodils!
ReplyDeleteHave fun!!
ReplyDeleteA bit of gardening has so many benefits, fresh air, exercise, vitamin D, reduces stress, and at the end of it all you have a beautiful garden.
ReplyDelete