Well, I'm back home from having everyone's favorite 'over age 50' procedure this morning and everything is fine and dandy. I know this because after we got back home and I had a nap, my husband asked me how I was doing and I looked up and said "Who, me?" We are the only two people in the house and I'm relatively sure he does not need to ask himself this question out loud to find out if he is ok, so I will chalk that up to my earlier sedation. (I do not remember the doctor coming in after said procedure to tell us everything was fine, but evidently I carried on a conversation with him. I have been told that I am quite entertaining when I have anesthesia!)
I'm very glad that all is well, and actually grateful that this procedure makes it possible to catch any colon cancer early, but I have to say that they really need to stop trying to make the "prep" liquid taste good, because it is just not possible. I have had lemon lime, mango and cherry flavors and none of them keep this stuff from tap dancing on your gag reflex. (Sorry.)
My sweet husband has treated me to a late breakfast and early dinner today, so I feel amply rewarded for yesterday's rigors and the blown vein this morning. (Ouch. It was not the nurse's fault. I let myself get too dehydrated yesterday and my veins went into hiding this morning when they saw the IV. She was great and got a good one on the second try.) So, I'm going to put my feet up now, read everyone's blog and count my blessings. Hope you all have a wonderful last day of September and first day of October!

Jan, I am very glad everything is A-OK! Have a blessed weekend!
ReplyDeleteGrace & Peace,
Pam
Good for you! I'm supposed to be scheduling mine and I really need to get at that.
ReplyDeleteI love the nice nap you get with this procedure!
ReplyDeleteSomeone told me they have pills you can take for the preparation. A lot of pills and they work the same way as the liquid. I would vote for that!
Took me a minute to figure out the procedure!! Which I just had done last Thursday - after a 2-day prep!! UGH! Why? Because I FAILED my previous one a few months before. Did the pills, on which the second round I gagged/barfed up part of them, meaning all of the meds did not get inside of me & clean things out. So the second prep was WORSE!!! It was a 2-day, 4 bottle thing. OMG! Sulfur in a bottle, which they tried to disguise with a cherry flavor and was still truly awful. I had to hold my nose & try to distract my brain so that I got it all down every time without gagging! Failing was NOT an option here! ha ha! The procedure itself is easy-peasy, and they are so nice to you, putting you at ease, so I have no jitters about all that. I absolutely love the "knock-out" drug & the way it works - so cool! But the prep stuff..........ugh. Told the doc that he prep kit he gave me the second time was to send me the message "Don't wast my time again!" ha ha
ReplyDelete