Monday, October 24, 2022

Time's a Flying

 And so are the leaves. A cool, blustery, rainy day here and we're so glad to see it. This has been such a dry year. The leaves are turning color in earnest now. We never have the bright colors of New England-it's more muted here and comes much later. I still love it and autumn!

We spent the weekend with our out-of-town grands. The two older boys and the two littles. A one-year-old and a 2 year-old sure can wear this old Mimi and Pop out! Our one year old grandson is almost as big as his petite 2 year old sister and she is finding out that he's not as easy to boss around now. I was too busy having fun to take any pictures! 

I have done a little decorating for fall-nothing fancy, but I have fun doing it. (I'm not much of a photographer or a decorator, though.)





Today is a good day for putting up my feet, cross stitching and recovering!

7 comments:

  1. I love your fall and I am LOVING this rainy day! I was itching to get to the ranch but Louis Dean just woke up! We will go as soon as he has his wits about him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been the most beautiful Fall here, but now the leaves are starting to come down, and soon will be gone. Sad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful to be able to spend time with your young grandchildren. They grow up so fast...you have to enjoy every minute you can! And your fall decorations are lovely!! Here in Florida we are also enjoying some fall like weather. It has been delightful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice decor! Mine is just a little here and there. No changing leaves here in FL but I enjoy seeing pictures! The little ones do have a way of wearing us older folks out!! Oh, to have that kind of energy again! Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great time with the grands!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful to spend time with the grands. I miss mine more and more as they get older and busier. Our leaves were bright and brilliant this year but the last few days have taken care of them fluttering in the wind. They are now a carpet on the still green grass.

    I hope you have a wonderful Wednesday- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those visits from the grands are so much fun that I always forget to take pictures too so I usually remember to ask their parents to snap a few for me. And I always plan a few days of rest after they leave!
    Jan, your autumn touches are just right! I love your first picture especially of that beautiful piece that is almost like a grilled Gothic window. We had a little rain this weekend in Nashville area but the ponds and lakes are still so low. And our colors are more subtle too, but like you I love them so much. And we tend to have even prettier color way into November.
    Happy last day of October to you!

    ReplyDelete

October!