My husband's mother passed away Saturday afternoon after a short time in hospice care. She was 95 and was ready to go home to Jesus and be at peace, and it was indeed a very peaceful passing.
She was a wonderful lady and the best mother-in-law that anyone could ever hope for. In the story of Ruth and Naomi, she has always been a Naomi, loving and encouraging and treating all of her daughters-in-law as if we were her own daughters. I don't feel that I'm much of a Ruth, but I hope to follow my mom-in-law's wonderful example in my own life as a mother-in-law. My father-in-law (who was the best FIL that anyone could ever ask for) passed away in 2011 and it is a blessing to know that they are reunited along with all of their loved ones. She was the last of her family and also the last member left of the "greatest generation" at their church. We loved her dearly and we look forward to the day when we will all be together again.


I am sorry for your loss. What a lovely tribute!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry about your MIL's passing. But your tribute to her means she did live a good life. She was loved and admired. So beautiful. Blessings, xoxo, Susie
ReplyDeleteAww - what a wonderful testament to your mom-in-law. I'm sorry for your loss. 95 years is a good life and I know she is rejoicing in heaven!
ReplyDeleteMy sympathy on your loss.
ReplyDeleteGod bless you and the family as you grieve.....it's a blessing to know they are in heaven even as our hearts break because they are gone from us. I am still grieving for my sister, Nita......
ReplyDelete"the memory of the just is blessed" May she rest in peace and rise in glory. "Well done good and faithful servant, enter into the joy of your Lord "
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful that your dear MIL left just a loving legacy. Just knowing she's with the Lord will bring her family peace and comfort.
ReplyDeleteA fitting tribute. I am sorry for your loss...Love and Prayers to you all
ReplyDeleteMy sympathy to you and your family, sounds like a life well lived and I am sure you will miss her....the reunion someday will be wonderful!
ReplyDeleteOh, I am so sorry Jan. I am late reading this. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. My MIL lived to be 95 also, and she was very dear to me. I often used the story of Ruth and Naomi in regards to our relationship. Sounds like you and I were both blessed with the best kind of Mother in law. Yes, I am sure she is happy in heaven now with her loved ones gone on before, and to be with Jesus, that is the best of all! Sending you(((hugs))).
ReplyDelete