Monday, March 7, 2022

Whew!

It's amazing what a difference a few minutes of daylight added to the day makes. I can always tell when I've "turned the corner" on my SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) depression and anxiety. I woke up Friday and felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders and mind. With everything going on in the world and in our family, I know this is not related to those things getting suddenly better. It's not a giddy, excited burst of happiness, but just a deep feeling of peace and quiet joy that I haven't felt since around the end of November. It happens every year about the same time, give or take a week or so. It's always such a relief and makes Springtime that much sweeter!




4 comments:

  1. I understand perfectly what you are saying.
    I have a hard time until mid February. Once it is still daylight at 5 pm I feel like I the fog has lifted

    ReplyDelete
  2. That must be hard to you.....my friend, Jutta, in Finland has the same trouble.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not affected by it in that way, but still, it's so good to have longer days! Glad it's helping you though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can identify! I have a light and that really helps, I use it on really dreary days!

    ReplyDelete

October!