Look who came to our house today. No, we didn't have an emergency (of the really bad kind). It's just that we've been here for almost 10 years now and figured we'd better have it done before something happened that made us wish that we had. 😁
Well, the deed was done in only an hour and with no lingering memories. That is, the neighbors should have nothing to raise a stink about. No hilarious stories about it to relate, so I recommend that you read the chapter titled "Homecoming" in Garrison Keillor's book "Leaving Home". Nothing can top the septic tank story in it. It's one of the funniest things I've ever read.
I am happy that this house is on city sewer but we did have the septic system pumped once at our other house. Nothing horrible that time either.
ReplyDeleteGlad you got through this with no bad reminders left behind!LOL.
ReplyDeleteHa! We had to do that over Christmas. A necessary evil when you have a septic system.
ReplyDeleteVery thankful honey wagons do the job no one wants to get stuck with!
ReplyDeleteOur septic company drives their truck in our small town parades. It is equipped with a speaker that makes a rude noise (I think you can guess what it is) and also a flushing sound effect. It is always at the end of any parade and the kids love it.
ReplyDeleteWe have septic at the ranch and I haven’t thought about needing to do anything about it yet. It’s only been a few years and we are only there part time!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Jan, for the tip on making pudding in the microwave! I would never have thought of that!
I like their slogan! We have ours pumped every few years, when ever my brother who lives next door and installs septic systems says it is time and we schedule them the same day:)
ReplyDelete