Tuesday, January 4, 2022

For the New Year



 Although I often post something funny and joke on this blog, things in life sometimes become  overwhelming for me, particularly during the short, dark days of winter.  I get down about the way the world is going. I'm saddened that the years have passed by so quickly. I worry about and want to fix all of the things my family and loved ones are going through. I feel pulled in too many different directions. Eventually, I reach a "hit the wall" place and feel completely emptied out-I just can't deal with one.more.thing.

Stepping back and putting my focus on the basics helps restore me to a place of peace and thankfulness. Praying, spending time with God's Word, enjoying the small, day to day things around me and spending time enjoying my home helps put things back in perspective. Then, I can truly see how very blessed I am.

11 comments:

  1. Simple things bring the best blessings!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they do-I have to remind myself to look for them sometimes!

      Delete
  2. Well said. There are so many blessings! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This blogging community is one of the best blessings!

      Delete
  3. Thinking of you - I was feeling very similar at the weekend. I just wanted to hide under the duvet and weep. But a patient, wise husband helped me to refocus, and as you say, time with God and concentrating on the simple blessings of life helped get things back on track. We cannot fix everything ourselves, and must not be distracted by false guilt, just set our hands to the tasks we are given and do those things diligently. God be with you, my friend ❤️👍🙏

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for these wise and kind words!

      Delete
  4. I fall into the same dark hole this time of year, however, yesterday I noticed it was light just a little longer and I know things will be brighter soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, they will be brighter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! I think so many of us share a lot of. your feelings, Jan. It's a crazy world we live in today. Winter gets me down, too. I try to get involved in doing a project or something to get through it...works sometimes and not so great other times. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete

October!