Monday, January 24, 2022

6th week of January...

...or so it always seems. January always feels like it has more weeks than any other month! Not a lot going on right now, but we did have little Miss R for a few days last week. She just turned two and is our youngest granddaughter.


I want to savor every moment with her that I can while she is little. Our two oldest grandgirls are teens now and are having such a hard time navigating those turbulent teenaged waters. The world is not the place it was when I was their age, or even when their mom was a teen-it can be a hateful and ugly place sometimes and school seems to be a hotbed of it. My heart breaks for them and I would appreciate your prayers for them as they make their way through a difficult season of anxiety and depression in their lives. 




On better news, though, Miss R's biggest brother CH and his steer Big Red took Grand Champion at their county Jr. Livestock show this past weekend. The weekend before that, they got 6th place at a big show in Oklahoma. We are so proud of him and the skills he is acquiring and responsibility he is taking. He is in 4H, which is a wonderful organization that teaches old fashioned values and leadership skills. We are so appreciative of his Lollie (my daughter-in-law's mom) and his Uncle T for undertaking this with him, and for his mom giving him and his siblings a good home school education. He is following in his mom and her sibling's footsteps. They are good country people who are instilling good values and ideals in him!

 










4 comments:

  1. Sweet picture of that precious little one! What a joy and blessing. Yes, I hope she can enjoy childhood and not have to worry about teenage issues for a long time. Praying for the two who do. I love seeing the young man with his steer. That is amazing! Kids who grow up with farming/agriculture, etc., in their lives just seem to do so much better in this world. Praying for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would hate to be a teen right now where every single mistake seems to be recorded for everyone to see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's adorable! And good for those boys with those cattle.
    I'm sorry about the older girls. School is hard and kids can be so mean. Will pray for them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to him, and yes 4H is a wonderful organization to be involved in. Sorry your teenage grand girls are going through a tough time. The world is a different place for sure and kids do not have it easy. There are certain kids that seem to want to make it hard for others. But you all have a strong family and your grand girls know that. Unfortunately some kids do not and feel the need to lash out.

    ReplyDelete

October!