Monday, July 12, 2021

Yuck

Not much going on here, except that I seem to have a sinus infection and croupy stuff that I'm afraid may be heading into bronchitis. I've been down for about a week. The soonest I can even schedule a teledoc visit with my doctor is Wednesday afternoon. (I've had the vaccine for better or worse, and I've also had the virus that shall not be named, so I don't think that's what this is.) This is my last month on my Obamacare HMO and I'm so glad. I never thought I'd be glad to be on Medicare, but when it starts August 1st, I sure will be. At least I'll be able to find a doctor I can see sooner if I think I need to. (My doctor is great and I really like her, but she is hard to get in to see even on a teledoc visit. Even her Nurse Practitioner is booked up until Wednesday.)

Ok, I've whined enough. I've been sicker than this many times and I'll probably be better by the time I can talk to the doctor! 

Some things I'm grateful for:

My almost 9 year old grandson has Autism 1 and and is very high functioning. He has some big sensory issues one of which is getting water in his face and in his ears and nose. It usually results in screaming and crying. My daughter has been taking him and his big sisters to their neighborhood pool everyday and working with him, letting him do just the things he is comfortable with. She said yesterday, he put on a scuba-type mask that kept water off the upper part of his face and closed his nose. She said he not only put his head under water, but eventually was playing and paddling around underwater, all on his own. This is big for him and made my Mimi heart so happy. He has made other big strides in the last few months too-he has gotten up in front of the church twice now and read a scripture. He did beautifully and everyone was so happy including him! These are things he has chosen to do on his own and would not have considered doing just a few months ago.

Hope everyone has a great week!

9 comments:

  1. I hope you get to feeling better---allergies here. It is so hot and humid, sigh. I hope you have a beautiful week ahead, please get to feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel much better son.
    A big hooray for your grandson's progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful for your grandson! What a milestone! That sinus stuff is going around here, too. I know two people who suffered a while before going for antibiotics. I am trying to avoid people and keep up with the sanitizer.

    I turn 65 in September and can't wait for Medicare. I pay for a private policy and it doesn't cover any office visits or anything preventive (not even a flu shot or routine lab work). It did cover tens of thousands of major medical so I shouldn't complain, but it is pretty costly. How did you ever decided what supplemental to chose with your Medicare? My clock is ticking (I wanted to make the choice by 7/1) and it is all so expensive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. Gosh I hope you start to feel better soon! So sorry you have been under the weather. Medicare has been good to me. Two knee replacements cost me ZERO. Great strides made by your grandson! Good for him!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so awesome about your grandson!
    I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jan, I pray you feel better soon. As far as Medicare, it has been a blessing, for me, but without the Medicare Advantage plan, I would be in trouble! Make sure you look into that. I have United Healthcare which costs me nothing other than what I pay for Medicare. Co-pays are low which lets me get the care I need where as traditional Medicare costs me quite a bit out of pocket. Anyhow, you probably know all that.

    I am so happy for your grandbaby...and his Mama!

    Grace & Peace,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was having trouble getting in to a doctor for things like sinus infections and UTIs. I started going to a walkin place called American Family Care. It is wonderful! I still go to a cardiologist, and other specialists, but this is a good place to get help right now! I don't know where you live, but this could help.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying you will feel better soon. That is no fun. Yes, be sure to get a Medicare Advantage Plan instead of just plain Medicare. It costs nothing extra. Where we live the Humana PPO plan works for us. Every region has different plans. How wonderful that your grandson is trying new things on his own! That is a real blessing for all of you!
    Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete