Sunday, April 5, 2020
One Day Closer
Update:
I went back and looked-this is what he (Bret Baier) actually said, which I like just as much:
“when the sun sets tonight, we will be one day closer to putting this all behind us. We’re all in this together.”
It's easy, sometimes, to feel like this situation is a "never-ending story". The days stretch out and sometimes it's hard to see any end in sight. The other day, a news correspondent said something that struck a chord with me and I'm to trying to think about it in this way. At the end of his newscast, he said (paraphrasing here) "Remember-today we are one day closer to the last day of this difficult time."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
69 years ago today, I was born at 1:27 am. My mom got to the hospital at 1 am. Cutting it a little close! Today, my sweet husband took me ...

Amen!!! That's a good thing to hear and remember!
ReplyDeleteThat's an encouraging thought.
ReplyDeleteperfect timing for this!
ReplyDeleteCloser to the End of It Time. Very wise.
ReplyDeleteImagine that?!? A newsman, who is not just _screaming_ fear and panic and blame!!!! Imagine that!!!!
Stay safe!
πΈππ·ππΈ
Yes, indeed!!
ReplyDeleteAmen! that was good news! We don't often hear that on the news...so thank you for sharing it with us!!
ReplyDeleteOne day closer ... that's such a hopeful thought.
ReplyDeleteBlessings~
Amen! I so agree and I think that was Bret Beir who said that as he says it each day at the end of his program. Good to know! Thanks for popping in to see me and I wish you a Blessed Happy Easter.
ReplyDeleteBe a sweetie,
Shelia ;)
Very encouraging post today, love the comment by the reporter. They usually and sadly don't say positive things. Hope you stay well.
ReplyDelete