I will do some baking and candy making today and then we will sing in our church's Christmas Eve Candlelight service. We love this caroling service and we enjoy singing on our praise team for it so much! It holds a very special memory since we received a text from our son 5 years ago during the service to tell us that our new grandson had arrived. They played a video during the service about the birth of Jesus that ended with the phrase "...and a child is born." Just as the voice said that, my husband's phone vibrated with the text! It was pretty amazing!
Tomorrow, we will go to our daughter's house to spend Christmas with them. We grew up in New Mexico and though we moved to Texas, we moved back to northern New Mexico for almost 8 years while our children were small. We enjoy the traditional New Mexican Christmas food of tamales and posole and that's what we will be having for Christmas dinner tomorrow. (Posole is a stew made from pork, red chile and hominy with cumin, garlic and onion.) We will also have tacos for the kids.
I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas Eve and a very Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas to you too, Jan. Enjoy the day with your family!
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas! About 34 years ago I was expecting a Christmas baby. I was positive it was going to be a girl and I was naming her "Holly". Well, days went by and on January 5th I gave birth to a boy. Scott. Best Wishes for a Wonderful Holiday!
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas.
ReplyDeleteHave a very Merry Christmas! Sounds like Christmases are pretty exciting for your family!! And your menu sounds delicious too! We just got home from our Christmas Eve service, where our choir also sang along with the whole congregation singing many Christmas carols as we lit all the candles on the Advent Wreath. It was very moving. And now we wait! And we celebrate! Jesus Christ is born! Have a blessed Christmas!
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Did you have a Christmas baby?
ReplyDeleteNot yet. Maybe a New Year's baby!
Delete