Thursday, May 23, 2019

Prayer Request


I don't usually get too personal on my blog, but my daughter could really use your prayers. She is going through some difficult emotional issues right now. Major Depression and GAD (generalized anxiety disorder) are something she and I both live with, but mine is well controlled with medication-hers is not. She has been having panic attacks daily as well as deep depression and is basically unable to function well right now. She has had to quit her job. She has elected to try TMS or Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation  in order to help her brain function more normally and started treatments this week. It will be a 6 week course of treatment. Please pray that this will help her. Thank you so much to all of my blogging friends!

12 comments:

  1. I'm so very sorry that your daughter is going through this and that the treatment works for her. There was a very good programme on BBC Two last night about Alistair Campbell who has suffered with depression and anxiety his entire life. He had TMS but resorted back to medication which was doing a grand job of staving off his symptoms (although he was prone to 'plummeting' on occasion). I think it's a case of finding out what works best for you personally and I truly hope that your daughter finds some respite from this dreadful time in her life. I'm not a 'prayer' but am sending a gazillion healing vibes instead. Please let us know how your girl is doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only learned the term GAD this morning (I was at a conference about supporting people with mental health issues) You are all in my thoughts and prayers xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. She will have my prayers for the success of her treatment a for you too..because as a parents we suffer along with our child when they hurt. Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes it is hard to watch our children hurting. We never quit being moms!

      Delete
  4. I live with GAD and one of my daughters is bipolar so I know the stress and pain that both you and your daughter are living with.
    May God give you both courage and healing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I will keep you and your daughter in my prayers-it is indeed stressful.

      Delete
  5. Oh, I am so sorry to hear and will definitely be praying for your daughter now. I've never heard of this kind of treatment, but pray that it will work and definitely bring healing to your daughter. May the Lord comfort her and give her peace in her heart and mind and spirit. Praying for you as well. God bless you dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much! It is a relatively new treatment and the success rate seems to be fairly good for at least long-term remission.

    ReplyDelete

October!