Our winters are nowhere near as bad as they are up north, no snow or ice, but we have had our share of cold, gray, windy days. We spent Friday and Saturday on Lake Travis near Austin with our DIL's family and her sister's in-laws. All good people and we had a lot of fun playing games, eating and laughing. I think it's wonderful that in-laws can get together and feel like we are all family-I know it isn't that way in everyone's life and we're grateful! We came home yesterday and picked up our local grands for a sleepover. They don't have school today, but both of their parents have to work, so we kept them last night. Ate popcorn and watched a movie and slept in this morning. Then to Mickey D's for a late breakfast. Pop (my husband) has taken the two younger ones to the park. I don't know how long they'll stay-the wind is blowing and it's cloudy. The oldest and Mimi (me) opted to stay home and stay warm! Hope your long weekend has been a good one!
I think I would have opted to stay home and warm too!
ReplyDeleteI am very fortunate with my DIL's families. We really do enjoy being around them. It does make life easier.
Yes it does make things easier!
DeleteWe are on the road back to the ranch! Amber said she was going to take the kids to the park today, too. It is pretty outside. Are y’all in the DFW area?
ReplyDeleteWe know what you mean by family togetherness. We have that too and are so very thankful! Stay warm! Spring will be here before we know it!
Yes, we are in the DFW area. We live about 1/2 hour northwest of Ft. Worth. Enjoy the ranch!
DeleteThat sounds like such a fun weekend, Jan! And I think you must be so much fun as grandparents too.
ReplyDeleteWe try! They're always ready to come stay with us-They'll be grown before we know it!
DeleteSounds like a great weekend and day. You are blessed to have your grands close by and able to stay over with you. What fun for all of you!! You are blessed!!
ReplyDeleteMy husband is "Pop" too. But I am "Nana"... :-)
ReplyDeleteYes you are lucky to have such an extended family. And it's lovely for you and for the younger members. Nice memories made.
Hugs...