Sunday, January 7, 2018

January

Boy, is it January! Last week was icy and grey, today it has been warmer, windy, rainy and grey.

We had a good weekend, though. Our son, daughter in law and their boys came down for her great-grandmother's funeral and we got to keep the grandboys. It was Mr. C's 5th birthday, so we drove into Dallas and met Son and DIL at the Dallas World Aquarium as a birthday treat. We went out for dinner and then came back for cake and presents. They went home today.

 We will see them again Friday when her family gets together for their "Christmas".The boys call their other grandparents Lollie and Pappy, and this celebration is called "Lollie Claus". It's always over the MLK Jr. weekend. We eat, play games, have a gift exchange and a lot of fun!

The weekend after that, we will move into our daughter and son in law's house for 9 days to keep the other 3 grands. Our SIL works for an Italian based company and goes to Italy several times a year. Our daughter is going with him this trip and they are going to go sightseeing.

Tomorrow, I "get" to go the dentist to start the process of getting one of my upper front teeth crowned. I have visions of ending up looking like Mr. Wilson in the old Dennis the Menace movie!


(Not really, our dentist is wonderful. Still, I'm not looking forward to it.)

I think we'll be ready to slow down when February gets here!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a busy month ahead.
    Good luck at the dentist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun with those grands. I envy you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to go have a couple of lower teeth done like that, too. Dreading it. To me it more about the hours in the chair than anything...oh...and the money....lol

    Hoping for lots of fun with the grandkiddos. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete

October!