Sunday, December 31, 2017

Last of 2017

It's been a pretty good year for us. We all got a little older, the grandkids got bigger and we're still scratching our head wondering how it could already be New Year's Eve again.

My mother-in-law turned 90 this year and is still living alone, although that may not last much longer. She began having bleeding problems because of her blood thinner (she has a-fib and a leaky heart valve). She spent a week in the hospital earlier this month receiving blood and undergoing tests. My husband has called her every night since his dad passed away in 2011, and she still sounds good. His brother and sister are taking care of her. She still goes out every Thursday to play cards with her 95 year old sister. They are the only two left of their family now.

The weather has turned icy and cold here and we haven't seen the sun for almost a week. Thought we'd get out to church this morning, but when we got to the highway, it was solid ice. Saw where someone had slid off the road and into the neighbor's fence so we turned around and went (carefully) home! Glad we went to the store yesterday and stocked up, it's not supposed to thaw any until Wednesday. Guess I'll take the tree down tomorrow. Seems like Christmas went by so fast, I'm not ready to put it all away yet!

Wishing you all a very Happy New Year with God's richest blessings!


3 comments:

  1. Brrrrr is right!!! We have kept the fire going all day and I even turned the central heat on! Louis Dean cooked our black eyed peas and I guess I will make some cornbread in a little while. I'm not taking Christmas down until we come back from the ranch and we can't even go down there until maybe Friday when it's warmer. So we are just going to sit here and enjoy our cozy Christmas home for awhile!
    Happy New Year, Jan!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My tree and all of the decorations have been stored until next year. I am OCD and live for the day I can take the tree down and get back to normal! LoL My daughter is the same way.

    It has gotten cold here, too, but fortunately we aren't dealing with ice or snow. It is still horrible getting out with temps in the teens and wind chills in the single digits! I'm staying home, too!

    Grace & Peace,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you many blessings this new year 2018 and especially hoping that your mother and her sister stay well.

    ReplyDelete