Husband and I lost one of our dearest friends this morning. David was diagnosed with Alzheimer's a number of years ago and had been in a sharp decline for the last few weeks. We are heartbroken, but we know that he is at peace with the Lord and that we will see Him again. Still, it hurts now.
David and his wife Jean have been our closest friends for over 40 years and we have been through many wonderful and hard times together. We had always planned to spend our retirements together traveling and enjoying each other's company, but as it sometimes does, life happened instead.
Please pray for his wife, sons and their families and his sister. Thank you so much.

Jan, I'm so sorry you lost your good friend. All our plans can change in a minute it seems.
ReplyDeleteThank you.
DeleteLove and losing a friend is painful! I’m so sorry you are grieving and you must have loved your friend so very much. Things don’t always turn out the way we plan, do they? I’m grieving as I lose my friend, Reaoma, week by week to a dreadful and extremely rare disease. Trusting God to comfort your heart as well as those of the family.
ReplyDeleteThank you.
DeleteI am so sorry. I know firsthand the pain of losing a loved one to Alzheimer's. It is a cruel and terrible disease. God bless his family and you, too, for I do believe there are friends that are closer than family sometimes. xo Diana
ReplyDeleteThoughts and prayers with you all. Hang on to the promises of Isaiah 43 x
ReplyDeleteJan, I am so sorry about the loss of your friend. Yes, I will pray for all of you. Sending a big hug to you , Jan. Blessings, xoxo, Susie
ReplyDeleteJan, I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. God bless his family and friends as I know you all miss him so very much. I appreciate you visiting my blog...I see we have NanaDiana and Susie as blog friends in common. I am following along with you now.
ReplyDeleteWelcome and thank you so much!
Delete