Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Trying to Catch Up With September!

I'm late in rejoicing over September finally arriving. It heralds the start of my favorite time of year, albeit my most emotionally challenging time of year. Yesterday was the 10th anniversary of my amazing dad taking up residence in Heaven. I usually dream about him this time of year and am dragging a bit emotionally, but I'm better today. He was 91 and happy and ready to go and that's a lot more than many people get to be.  Next month marks the 20th anniversary of my mom's move to Heaven. Happy to know they are together in the presence of God, but miss them-especially this time of year.

From the Kindergarten front lines: our grandson did really well his first week after a rocky start. However, he assumed that because he didn't go to school this past Monday, (Labor Day holiday) that Kindergarten was over. He was not a happy camper yesterday morning. He refused to do the work and was a real pill yesterday. After a long talk with his mom and dad and doing all his school work that was sent home, he was cheerful and ready to go this morning. Hoping that will continue!

We're having real fall weather this week-cool temperatures and the beginnings of what will be autumn leaves. If only it wasn't (seemingly) ideal weather for hurricanes and wildfires. Lots of people to pray for right now. Well, enough of my ramblings-guess I'd better go and see where the hens have hidden their eggs today! (Another post for another day!)

2 comments:

  1. School for these little ones is hard to get used to! That's adorable that he had had enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if Prince George will feel the same after his first day at 'school'? They seem so little at that age.

    ReplyDelete

October!