Sunday, April 23, 2017

The Sunday Funnies

We go to church with our daughter and her family, which includes our oldest 4 year old grandson Ryan. My husband and I sing on the praise team which sits on the first two rows with our microphones. The way we start off our tithes and offerings is that while we sing a song, our little ones come down to the front of the sanctuary to put their money into two large glass jars that sit on the first step up to the "stage" I guess you'd call it. Our grandson came down to the front to put both his and his sister's money in the jar. (She had a nosebleed, so she and mom were occupied.) He stopped next to me and smiled, then put his money in. He started to walk off and then realized he hadn't put his sister's money in. So he slowly went back and in front of the entire church put her money in the jar and then took out a TEN DOLLAR BILL! I looked back at my husband to signal him to grab Ryan, but just then his mom stepped up. He turned around and announced "Look what I got!!" Needless to say, it went back in the jar, and we were laughing so hard we couldn't sing! I guess no one ever thought to tell him you shouldn't "make change" from the collection!

3 comments:

  1. THAT is funny!!!! I love stories like this one! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a story he will hear often in the future I think! Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! It made perfect sense to him, didn't it?

    ReplyDelete