Monday, April 17, 2017

Monday

We had a good Easter Sunday-a little quieter than usual. We only had two easter egg hunters this year as only our three oldest grands came out. The two younger boys and their parents stayed home as they are running a very hectic schedule during the week. They travel an hour each way for Dad to work at university, Mom to attend university and they boys to day school. Weekends are their only time to relax and enjoy each other, so I don't blame them a bit for wanting to stay home. (As long as I get pictures of their Easter!)

We had pulled pork sandwiches and pinto beans. Daughter made a loaded potato casserole that was delicious and our almost 11 year old granddaughter made a cake. It was a white cake, with Coco Lopez coconut milk poured over the top (after poking holes in the cake) and frosted with Cool Whip. She did a great job! Then she and her grandpop hid eggs for the two younger kids.

Today, it's cool and grey. Currently we are having a thunderstorm and badly needed downpour-almost an inch and a half so far! Very relaxing and husband is currently napping while we listen to the rain. A lovely weekend and Monday!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you had a lovely Easter and how nice that Grandpop had an egg helper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An 11 year old that can make a cake!! I am impressed. I've never tried a "poke cake". I'll have to one day.

    Napping with the sound of rain in the background is the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Low key can be good! We just finished Quad Monday and I am just about ready to go to bed! Soon, I hope! We worked out in the flower beds until the rains came and you are so right. They make good napping weather!

    I am as impressed with your granddaughter's cake as much as Granny Marigold!
    We

    ReplyDelete