Wednesday, November 9, 2016

I've been searching for the right words to say here today after reading some of the blogs out there and I hope I don't offend anyone-that's certainly not my intent.

I try not to be too political on my blog, or to criticize the decisions others make in other countries.  But, I've read things this morning that have hurt and disappointed me. I realize that these are our blogs and we are all free to say what we think. (Otherwise I wouldn't be writing this.) Wherever you live or whatever you think of the election results in the United States, ridicule and name calling change nothing and achieve nothing. Our country has made a momentous decision just as other countries have made this year. Some of us are pleased with the results, some of us are not. We here in the U.S. have to live with the decisions we make just as others have had to do in their own countries. We are a broken and divided country right now. We have said and done terrible things to each other because of this election and we are hurting on both sides. It's hard to read the same kind of negativity towards us from those who live in other places.

We will never all agree with each other or the decisions we see each other make.  We're all entitled to our opinion and free in how we express it. But, a little kindness and understanding go a long way toward making this little planet we all live on together a better place. I hope this makes some kind of sense,

Thanks.

5 comments:

  1. In June many people in the UK woke up to find we were going to leave the EU. It has left our nation unsettled and divided. We must learn to be peacemakers. There was enough shouting and arguing before the UK and the USA went to the polls. Now is the time to accept the result and move on, working together for the good of all, whether or not we are personally happy with the results. Above all, BOTH our nations need prayer right now x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said, Jan....I decided early on not to be political on my blog....I see the ugly comments that are made to those who post about their political views. I voted according to the issues that were important to me and our constitution. I have prayed everyday about it since the election campaign started. I will continue to pray for our president and for all who will be working beside him.

    ReplyDelete

October!