Tuesday, September 27, 2016

I've Broken Up....

...with almost all of the clothes that I can't wear, don't wear, will never wear. I filled three large trash bags with clothes that I've been hanging on to for years and they will go to a charity shop tomorrow. I also have one bag filled with stuff that just needed to be thrown away.  It feels wonderful-I've discovered all kinds of closet space! I just wish I knew why I hang onto stuff for so long. There were still a few favorites that I haven't worn in years that I just couldn't part with, but they are very few and have some memories attached to them.

Now to go shopping!!!  Now to sit down and decide exactly what I need and do some thoughtful planning and shopping!

4 comments:

  1. YAY for you!! I haven't done quite as drastic a purge but I did get rid of about ten pairs of jeans/slacks that either didn't fit or else I just didn't feel good in them. It does feel great though, doesn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Purging feels so good! I need to be more intentional about it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! I wish you would come over to my house and help me do the same thing!
    All the clothes in my closets fit.....but that doesn't mean they look good on me. I change out my clothes from spring and summer to fall and winter and some things haven't been worn in years! How did you DO this??? Enquiring minds want to know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What motivation for the rest of us. You rock!

    ReplyDelete