Monday, September 12, 2016

Christmas Stitching

I know-it's 4 months until December, but I'm not a fast stitcher! I completed this Sue Hillis sampler last week and enjoyed it so much. I have a cozy spot on our recliner loveseat-just the right size to spread out all of my cross stitch paraphernalia and have a place to sit and put my feet up. I love sitting and stitching while watching TV with the hubby in the evening. Very calming and definitely a happy place for me.  (This is an internet picture-my phone camera doesn't like my shaky hands!)


I'm also working on a set of 12 days of christmas ornaments. (Sorry about the photo quality-I took these pictures.) It's an old pattern from a 2002 magazine and I'm having to do some of them from pictures as I'm missing two of the charts:



I'm looking forward to this chart coming in the mail this week:


Lot's to enjoy and keep busy!

8 comments:

  1. Enjoy your stitching! Very pretty patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy stitching too, I like the Christmas in the Kitchen one very much. these will keep you busy for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these Christmas projects! Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I was younger, I loved to cross stitch. These days, the tremor in my hands prevents me from sewing but I sure enjoy seeing others' crafts. These are adorable patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Christmas sampler that you completed is very pretty and I like the one you're planning on doing next. I used to do a lot of cross stitch and still have various samplers hanging in different rooms. I never did a Christmas one though and now my arthritis is such that I can't hold a needle. I used to do needlepoint as well. That's really relaxing too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely....I used to cross stitch, but just don't see well enough these days. The 12 days of Christmas ones are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What lovely patterns and designs they are ...perfect.
    Happy stitching!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for dropping by Nagaland, Jan. Yes, we have to be doing that Christmas stitching now if we hope to be finished by December. I am actually working on Prairie Schooler's February Sampler right now so I can get it finished and framed by February.

    ReplyDelete