Monday, August 22, 2016

Back to School and Back to Blogging

Our two grand daughters started school this morning-2nd and 5th grade! Time has gone by so quickly. This will be our oldest granddaughter's last year at elementary school-it doesn't seem possible! Their little brother will start Pre-Kindergarten next month.

Time is flying-we've lived here four years now and I turned 60 last Friday. I really wasn't looking forward to this "landmark" birthday, but we spent the weekend with friends and family. I got to love on my other two grandsons who are also growing up too fast! It was a fun weekend with lots of laughter and even a birthday cake!

There's a touch of fall in the air-after several weeks of +100F temperatures and no rain for over a month, it has been cool and rainy this past week. I'm ready for fall, but it's still August so I'm sure the hot weather isn't over yet. Still, I'll take all of the days like these that we get!

Our beautiful grand girls!



4 comments:

  1. Welcome back to blogging and Jan, 60 is a mere child!

    Your granddaughters are beautiful indeed!

    Happy birthday to you; keep celebrating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the birthday wishes and since it;s not that long ago that you had your birthday, I'll return the same! You are the age of my sister. There's a big gap between the first four in my family and the last two. My mom was 42 and 44 when the last ones were born.
    Those grands are so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belated Happy Birthday wishes:) Glad you had a nice day. It's amazing how fast grandchuldren grow up isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

October!