Wednesday, September 30, 2015

You Can Go Home Again...

at least to visit! I would not trade where I live now in Texas for the New Mexico town I was born and raised in. However, I love to return to visit family, reminisce and enjoy the beautiful scenery that I took for granted growing up. These are the Organ Mountains just outside our hometown. I saw them every day when I lived here, but didn't really appreciate their beauty until I grew up, left and came back to visit.


We have been enjoying real New Mexican food-a completely different thing from the Tex-Mex we have at home.

Lunch!
We are bringing home some green chile to roast and freeze. A few red ones got in, but that's ok too!


It's been fun driving around town, seeing all of the old places. Some have changed so much they're almost unrecognizable:

and some are gone:

St. Genevieve's-over 100 years old when it was torn down for "urban renewal" back in the 60's

but some things have remained the same:





5 comments:

  1. Jan- I am back to blogging and visiting and it is fun to see a post here from you. It is sad in a way to go home sometimes---especially once the family unit has changed. Love that you have family in the area that you can love and enjoy spending time with. So sad what URBAN renewal did to many of our old places. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a few years since I was last in my home town though it's only an hour or so away and I still have family there. I always mean to go every summer but somehow I never quite make it. I like going back as although some of it has changed a lot much of it is still as I remember it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got to visit and reminisce about life as you knew it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely area you were born and raised in. I never heard of the Organ Mtns but they are awesome. Funny how we take things for granted when we're young.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your lunch looks so good, wish I could duplicate that plate here at home.

    I'm so glad you got to go home again!

    ReplyDelete