We are catching up here at home now. The garden is definitely done-my husband dug our sweet potatoes this morning. They were kind of an experiment and I think it went pretty well. In the spring, we had a couple of sweet potatoes that got pushed to the back of the pantry and proceeded to sprout, so we stuck them into the ground to see what they would do. We got several very large potatoes and quite a few medium and small ones. I see a sweet potato pie in our near future. Of course they have to sit and cure first. Next year, we will definitely plant more. We also will plant more black-eyed peas and probably less okra, although my husband made some pretty spectacular sweet and hot okra pickles this summer!
Tomorrow is the first day of fall-my favorite time of year. I've put out a few decorations and made a few pillows. This one is actually a crewel embroidery picture my mom made many years ago! She used to have it framed and hanging on the wall, but I like it better as a pillow. It makes me happy to use something of hers.

Glad you are safely back hpome and catching up on things. Your mum's crewel embroidery is beautiful, what a good idea to make it into a pillow.
ReplyDeleteThank you!
Delete