Monday, April 6, 2015

The Day After...

In spite of unusually cold, wet weather, we had a great Resurrection Sunday,  Our church had an outdoor brunch and egg hunt scheduled before worship service but they ended up doing it indoors. The kids were well behaved and everything went amazingly well! The service was an uplifting and inspiring one that we enjoyed so much. I wimped out on cooking a big Easter dinner-we went to our favorite Italian restaurant and it was great! I'm kicking myself, though, because I didn't get a picture of the grands in their Easter finery! They were really cute!

By the time we all got to our house, the rain had stopped, so we hid eggs outside.




My camera skills definitely need improvement. I got lots of shots of the back of kids heads! Our two youngest grands were at their other grandparent's house (their Lolly and Pappy), so I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures of their Easter. Lolly said the two year old was not terribly impressed with the egg hunt!

They're all growing up so fast-our oldest (almost 9) nearly decided she was too old to hunt eggs this year. I'm treasuring these sweet days because I know they'll go by all too quickly! Hope you all had a wonderful Easter weekend!

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a great day. My family all went to their respective places of worship in the morning then we all met up at my Mum and Dad's mid-afternoon. A really nice day. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a wonderful Easter day. And you are so right about how fast they grow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a wonderful day, Jan. I'm with you- I take a bunch of pictures to get one that is worth printing. lol It is hard with kids because they are always moving!
    Hope you have a great week- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Easter services at church! Yours sounds wonderful! Love the photos of your grand kids having fun at Easter. When our children were small we used to have to most wonderful Easter celebrations! We have not crossed into grandchildren yet.........but your post makes me want them even more!

    ReplyDelete

October!