Saturday, January 3, 2015

Safe Home

We had a wonderful New Year's with our son's family. Baby Henry's big brother Calvin and his other Grandma were there, so we got to love on him some too and visit with her. He opened his and the baby's Christmas presents from us and we had a good time.


A pretty bad ice storm hit the night we got there-quite a bit of damage done to trees and power lines. We braved the roads two days later and headed home. It was a little scary for a while-trucks and cars off the road and rolled over. We made it safely home. We were warmer here and had rain instead of ice.

So now, it's time to take down the decorations, make plans and get going on the New Year. I have some things I'd like to accomplish this year, but no resolutions or choosing a word for the year for me. I know what I want to do and I'll just go about doing it the best I can. If something doesn't get done or doesn't happen, it's still going to be a good year. I learned a long time ago that making hard and fast New Year's resolutions for myself seemed to set me up for a lot anxiety and disappointment. I'm a lot easier on myself these days and take life a day at a time-that seems to work well for me. Wishing you all the best in 2015!

5 comments:

  1. I know how treacherous ice storms are, but they are so rare here, I am always amazed at their beauty.

    Glad you had a nice visit with your babies and no travel woes! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are home safe Jan. I no longer make New Years resolutions, I strive to do each day the best I can, praying and trusting God for each choice I face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are home safely. Happy New Year! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you made it home safely through scary road conditions. And that you had a good visit with those two little brothers!

    I only made one hard resolution--not to get on laptop until night. I've broken it every day but am getting later in the day before doing it. Too much curiosity about any waiting email.

    At my age I'm thankful to be here for any year ahead. I've lost so many friends of my own age that to fuss about bumpy roads ahead would be ingratitude. So I do try to get up every morning with expectancy and thankfulness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh those scary roads!! Glad you made it home safely. Yes, and now we get to take all those lovely decorations down and store them for eleven months.

    ReplyDelete