We are still iced in-can't even get down to the end of the road to the mailbox. Well, actually the hubs slipped and slid down there in the truck and almost couldn't get back. Looks like our temperatures may actually get up to freezing today. We've had a little light snow and some fog this morning-church was cancelled, but we weren't about to try to get out anyway. We've been eating comfort food and drinking lots of tea, hot cider and cocoa and watching movies and football. I thought I'd take the time to get the house cleaned up and decorated for Christmas, but I've been a real slug. It's hard for me to get going when it's so dark and grey. Sure hope we see some sun and have a little thaw before I go into complete hibernation!
Sunday, December 8, 2013
Shake, Rattle and Roll
When I got up this morning, my hubs asked me if I remembered him coming in and talking to me about midnight. (He's a nightowl, I'm not, so he was still up watching TV.) Of course I didn't remember anything about it. He said he felt the house shake and wasn't sure what was going on. This morning he got on the internet and saw that we had a 3.6 earthquake a few minutes after midnight! We aren't living in an earthquake prone area here in North Texas, but lately we have been having slight tremors. Sure hope this isn't going to become a trend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
69 years ago today, I was born at 1:27 am. My mom got to the hospital at 1 am. Cutting it a little close! Today, my sweet husband took me ...
I think I must be part hermit because I do not have the slightest bit of cabin fever yet! I DO want to go to Quadville tomorrow afternoon so I am hoping the toll road is not icy by then. It's just 20 min to get there in normal weather. We MAY have to stay the night, though, if the temps drop back to freezing before we get home - which will be late!
ReplyDeleteYou're no slug!! Just waiting for some sunshine!!
Stay safe and warm if you get out tomorrow and hug on those sweet quads!
DeleteThe skies have been gray here al week end...I'm having trouble getting motivated, too!
ReplyDeleteThe sun did come out for a little while today. Don't know if we'll see it tomorrow or not. Stay warm!
DeleteThe sun is shining here, at least it has for the past week, but rain and even snow are in the forecast. It seems too cold to venture outside. Tomorrow I must get those Christmas cards in the mail!! Keep warm and be cozy!!
ReplyDeleteI bought stamps, but haven't gotten any cards done yet. Stay warm!
DeleteSounds a bit iffy in your neck of the woods
ReplyDeleteThey don't do fracking do they, near where you live? Fracking refers to the procedure of creating fractures in rocks and rock formations by injecting fluid into cracks to force them further open. The larger fissures allow more oil and gas to flow out of the formation and into the wellbore, from where it can be extracted. This procedure can cause mini earthquakes.
ReplyDeleteWe don't have a large number of wells in this area, but we do have some and they do fracking. There's quite a controversy here as to whether or not it's related.
Delete