Saturday, September 7, 2013
September
This month brings my favorite time of year. Autumn comes gradually to Texas-temperatures are still hot most days in September, but it won't be too long before it begins to cool off. There's an almost golden light in the trees though the leaves haven't begun to change color much-a few drift down when the breeze blows. Things are definitely starting to wind down-spiders have spun their egg sacs and the crickets and locusts are getting quieter. Gold and purple autumn flowers are everywhere and we've started seeing more deer in the mornings and evenings. This time of the year finds me drawing in more-I want to stay home, do more baking and cooking for the freezer and spend more time savoring mornings on the porch with a cup of tea. I watch the slow change of seasons and I'm content.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
69 years ago today, I was born at 1:27 am. My mom got to the hospital at 1 am. Cutting it a little close! Today, my sweet husband took me ...
thank you for stopping by today and leaving a comment. i really appreciate it. you're right - fall is right around the corner. and i'm so looking forward to cooler temps - and hopefully RAIN!
ReplyDeleteYou're welcome! Yes, some rain would be great and some days with highs less than 90 degrees!
DeleteI like your blog's Autumnal look. Jx
ReplyDeleteThank you! I was ready for something a little different.
DeleteThat sounds like a beautiful transition to Autumn. Here it has suddenly become cold and very wet.
ReplyDeleteEarly fall is often dry and warm here-we will hopefully get some rain and cooler temperatures soon. This morning was beautiful, the hills are still fairly green and there was fog lying in the valleys.
DeleteYes I love the Autumn best too. You describe the transition very well.
ReplyDeleteIt's a peaceful, reflective time, isn't it?
DeleteThe locust here are in full throttle belting out tehir last farewells! I wish I could stay hoem for a week without leaving.....so much to do in the fall!
ReplyDeleteMe too! We are keeping grandkids 3 days a week while mom goes to school this semester, so it's hard to get everything done I'd like to do. Wouldn't trade being here to keep them for anything, though! (and mom graduates in December-woo hoo!)
DeleteMe too! I love the Autumn, followed closely by the fresh bright green in Spring.
ReplyDelete