The cold, wet weather they've been threatening us with blew in early this morning. Yesterday's high was 78 F, today it is 39 F. Winter's getting one last shot in, I guess. The rain lasted all morning and just now let up. It's been wonderful to have so much rain. We moved from a very drought-stricken area, and it is so lush here in comparison. The bluebonnets and paintbrushes are blooming now-not any on our land as I had hoped, but plenty lining the roadsides. I'm considering planting some next year.
My daughter just sent this photo of the baby-7 months old and pulling up. Nothing is safe now! Can't wait to grab him this afternoon and get some kisses and cuddles in!
![]() |
| Look out world!! |

ooh carrot cake! I have never made one. I did make bread pudding today, very rash, as my husband is away and not here to share it :-O
ReplyDeleteYum-we love bread pudding, but I haven't made one in a long time. I'm going to have to make one soon!
DeleteAs for the weather, count your blessings. We here in the South Plains woke up Wednesday morning to snow! It was melted by 10 o'clock, but still rather a shock.
ReplyDeleteWe are forecast some rain in the next few days- we have had quite a dry spell ( it's normally very wet here). I only made bread yesterday, but carrot and walnut muffins are on the agenda for this week.
ReplyDeleteI love the sound of those flowers. Yes, we thought we'd also have rain overnight but none so far but as Scarlet said, some is forecast. We too are also very dry.
ReplyDeleteThat's a huge change in temperature. Here the temps are pretty even - and cold! Love the photo of your grandson, they are so cute at that age.
ReplyDelete