Friday, February 15, 2013

Country Folk

...or at least a little more like country folk! This is my husband's latest purchase-delivered today. It belonged to a gentleman who could no longer use it, so we were able to get it at a very good price which included a mower, a blade (?) and two bucket type-things. (Notice my firm grasp of tractor attachment names! You can take the girl out of the city, but evidently you can't teach her much about farm equipment!) 


He has been out mowing this afternoon and enjoying himself thoroughly! This is something he's been shopping around for since we moved out here. He's no stranger to driving one as he drove his dad's tractor many times. (Unlike me, he grew up out in the country.) I think I'll leave the tractor driving to him! 

We're bringing the grandkids home with us Sunday after church to spend the afternoon and sleep over. Monday is our daughter's birthday, and we're giving her a day all to herself then bringing the kids back Monday evening for a birthday dinner out. Should be lots of fun!

3 comments:

  1. My four year old grandson and my husband would love one of those! I must admit that even I like the colour and would have to have a go at driving it.

    Enjoy your time with the grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This picture reminds me of one that was taken of me when I first bought my tractor. The tractor store said it was the very first one they had sold to a "woman". I got a big laugh out of that. Buy your husband a sun cover for it....he will love it when the temperatures soar to 100.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your husband is going to have great fun with his new tractor!

    ReplyDelete