I've started crocheting an afghan for this new little guy-it's going to be quite a challenge! His nursery is decorated in a farm animal theme, so I have chosen a "picture" afghan. It should look like this when it's finished. (Which will hopefully be sometime before he starts school!)
I've never tried one like this before-you keep all the skeins of yarn "in play" until it is finished. The border is crocheted afterward-it's all done in US single crochet. So far I have the first 3 inches done starting at the bottom.
I'll keep you updated-hope I'm not in over my head on this one!

I look forward to seeing the finished product. It looks like an interesting project. Jx
ReplyDeleteThanks Jan! Now I've got to make myself sit down and get going on it.
DeleteThank you for your comment over on my blog Jan. I cant wait to see your finished item.If it looks anything like the picture it will be wonderful.
ReplyDeleteThanks Anne!
Delete
ReplyDeleteA gorgeous gift for a gorgeous little boy!