Not much has been going on this week-we had a lot of wind this past weekend, which is pretty normal for springtime in West Texas. Unfortunately, it causes a lot of blowing dirt, especially since the wildfires last year destroyed all the grass and plants out on the plains around our area. The sky turns brown and the air gets gritty. Today is a beautiful day, though, and the winds brought cooler temperatures which is nice. We are supposed to get up to 90F later on this week. Spring seldom lasts long here-summer is our longest season, and it looks to be another hot, dry one. I'm really looking forward to moving to north central Texas where they have had lots of rain and everything is lovely and green! We've seen several properties that we are interested in, but haven't made any inquiries yet.
We have been making a list of all the things we need to fix around the house before we put it up for sale-funny you don't notice them until you start thinking about how other people are going to feel about seeing them. Mostly, it's cosmetic work-cleaning carpets and painting inside and out. My husband started the remodel of the our back half-bath. He installed an electrical outlet and put in a new light fixture. He is going to tile the floor and then we'll repaint.
I'm also trying to decide how to de-clutter to show the size of the rooms better. We are packrats and even though I have thrown out a lot of old stuff, what's left seems to multiply in the back of dark closets when I'm not looking!
I did get started on the sewing for the nursery. I made this diaper stacker-I wasn't sure about the combination of fabrics, but I think it looks alright.
I'm really looking forward to working on the rest of the things for little Ryan-can't wait until August!
Yep, I think those buttons are a little small. I think it is because the print of the fabric they are on is larger than they are. Love diaper (nappy) stacker though!
ReplyDeleteThanks! That's what I was thinking too-it's hard to see the buttons. Thanks for commenting, I enjoy your blog!
DeleteWhere do you live in West Texas - I live in "Buddy Holly-ville" -- I saw your comment on Where Beechmast Falls.
ReplyDeletethose buttons might be small, but they are so sweet!
ReplyDelete(found my way here by blog-hopping and just had to say how lovely they are!)
Leanne, UK
www.talesofsimpledays.blogspot.com
Thank you! I love those buttons too-I ended up taking them off the diaper stacker and making an applique instead, so I'll have to find something to use them for. Thanks for dropping by!
Delete